CO2 Tank connection to regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hecliff

Reaction score
I had to change my c02 tank yesterday and in trying to connect the new one, I can't get it to stop leaking. I wrapped both the male connection with Teflon tap and applied a leak epoxy to the connection with no help. Is there a grommet or washer or something that get's installed inside the female connection that I lost or misplaced? I twisted the male nut (opps!) as tight as I could and it still has a small leak. Can any of you plumbers extraordinaire help?

Hecliff

Nylon Washers for CO2 Regulators

31cckyhXcBL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen a nylon one, but new fiber washers always come with a tank exchange.
You can get them cheap at any welding supply shop.

Thanks everyone. Now that I saw a picture of one,. I seem to remember it was on the first tank I got, back in 1998 but I guess I lost track of it.

Hecliff

The sealing washer is consumable. It needs to be replaced every time. Here in Seattle, and others from all over the country have posted that a new washer always comes with a tank exchange.
I'm not talking about fills.
Fills are cheaper, you're responsible for keeping your tank up to date, and need to buy washers every time.
If your're exchanging, and your vendor isn't supplying new washers, then you'll need to buy them separately.
Your vendor sucks.

The CGA-320 fitting either has a fiber/nylon washer that is replaced each time you swap tanks or the connection on your regulator has a captive o-ring.

cga320.jpg

Back