Co2/Regulator issue after 4 years...help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlucarelli

Reaction score
I've had my kegerator 4 years now, bought even before I was brewing, and I've used the same regulator and co2 tank without fail the whole time until now. I've googled for hours and I can't seem to find what's wrong. Almost everything I've been able to find has been new kegerator owners that haven't had everything dialed in yet so I'm just not sure whats going on. And I've got a full keg ready to carb so I could use some help!

Here's what happened - I just got my co2 tank filled and I didn't realize I had the pressure up pretty high on my regulator prior to the fill. When I hooked up the regulator it skyrocketed but then I loosened it and hit the pressure relief which brought it back to zero. But then it started slowly rising and went all the way to the point where it maxed out. I disconnected, tried again, same result. I shut off the co2 lines to both kegs and same result. I thought maybe my co2 tank had warmed up too much in my car so I left it overnight to cool in case that for some odd reason had an impact and that did nothing.

I don't really know what to do. Anyone else come across this?

I have no tips to help out but my regulator did the same thing, although it was less than 3 months old.

I was relieving pressure and the next thing I knew it had the same symptom. I ended up tossing the regulator after attempting several attempts to take it apart and clean it. I assume some part was damaged internally and I could not find an exact repair kit for it.

I have no tips to help out but my regulator did the same thing, although it was less than 3 months old.

I was relieving pressure and the next thing I knew it had the same symptom. I ended up tossing the regulator after attempting several attempts to take it apart and clean it. I assume some part was damaged internally and I could not find an exact repair kit for it.

So I assume you bought a new regulator and it was fine? Not what I was hoping as a solution but I am ready to try anything at this point

Yeah I had two regulators: one that came with my new kegerator and one I had in my keezer for a couple years. Of course it was the new unknown brand one that came with the kegerator that died. As of now I am down to one regulator.

I do not know much about regulators but I guess the diaphragm some how got damaged when releasing pressure.

Back