CO2 regulator fail?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nilo

Reaction score
I had my CO2 tank and regulator in the fridge with my kegs, not connected though, the main valve was off and when I openned it, the lower pressure gauge which supposed to be somewhere in the 30psi (I was previsouly carbonating a kep) jumped to end of scale and safety valve openned. I quickly closed the main valve and took the tank out. I tried to play with the regulator adjustment and it did nothing. At some point it started regulating. I'm scared now, should I replace the regulator or is this something related to the fact the tank was inside the fridge at around 35F?

When I open the main valve on top of tank, high pressure gauge showed 800psi and lower pressure gauge showed end of scale (higher than 60psi), even though the adjusted pressure on the regulator was 30psi. No mather what I did to the pressure adjustment, lower pressure gauge would always be at max. This was making the safety valve at the side of the regulator to open. I didn't connect it to any keg in that state.

Back