CO2 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankisanerd

Reaction score
OK, here it is. I am building a Kegerator and were should I place the CO2? I have plenty of room in the refrigerator or do I put it outside? In or out, what do you say?

I keep mine on the outside, so the pressure gauge reads correctly.

Out..makes it easier to switch out bottles, adjust pressure...but you need to secure it so pets or people don't accidently kick it over and break something.

In..protects it from being kicked around...but is a pain to adjust and swap out.

I moved mine outside and am happy as a clam.... Accurate, easy to adjust, easy to swap tanks.... Room for 1 more corny inside.... :)

Mine's inside, because I didn't want to drill a hole through the fridge. I have the distributor on the door, and just swap the tanks from there.

I made a quick disconnect on the gas line, and I have two tanks and regulators, so when one is empty, I just disconnect from there, and pop the new tank in.

Back