CO2 outside of refridge, what does this do the the CO2 level inside?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stompbox

Served up in the backyard
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My kegerator is in my garage, and during these months it easily hits 80 degrees in there. My CO2 tank is on the outside of kegerator in order to fit two kegs in it.

If I set the regulator to the WARM CO2 to 12 PSI, are the kegs inside the kegerator really recieving 12 PSI?

I have been having issues over the last 2 months where I have plenty of head (slightly too much actually) but the beer itself is not that well carbed.

I use 10' lines of 3/16" ID tubing.

My kegerator is in my garage, and during these months it easily hits 80 degrees in there. My CO2 tank is on the outside of kegerator in order to fit two kegs in it.

If I set the regulator to the WARM CO2 to 12 PSI, are the kegs inside the kegerator really recieving 12 PSI?

I have been having issues over the last 2 months where I have plenty of head (slightly too much actually) but the beer itself is not that well carbed.

I use 10' lines of 3/8 tubing.

Haha in two days there's been one post asking if it's OK to keep the CO2 in the fridge and another post asking if it's OK to keep it out of the fridge. As long as the tank is upright it's fine either way. The regulated pressure is the same, so you're good to go.

If that's not a typo, and you're really using 3/8" tubing, then that's definitely why you're getting foaming. Are you referring to the OD or the ID? Try 3/16" ID tubing, start with maybe 15 feet if you're using the cheap vinyl stuff.

With regards to the foaming, I'll ask some standard questions. Are you keeping the lines cold? Is it only the first pour of the night? Are your faucets cold (at 80 degrees you should be seeing condensation on the outside). If this is a keezer, do you have a fan inside? If you have a tower, how are you cooling the tower? What's the temperature in the fridge?

Hi

Are you dispensing the beer straight into the bottom of hot (like 95 degree / stored in the garage) glassware?

Bob

Back