co2 Manifold Barb size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothlarryhughes

Reaction score
What is the preferred barb size for a co2 manifold? I am running from a 5/16 barb on my regulator into a manifold...my ball valve disconnects are 1/4 inch. Should I get a 1/4 inch manifold or a 5/16 manifold? With the quarter inch i would just have to force my hose onto the regulator...but if i get the 5/16 manifold i would have to force all the hoses on but they would be tighter and less likely to leak. How do you guys have your kegs hooked up? I am hooking up 4 kegs from a 4 way manifold an need to know what to order. Thanks!

It depends on what size gas hose you're using. I use 5/16 gas hose so all my gas side hose barbs are 5/16.

If you're using a ball valve that has 1/4" threads you need a 1/4" FFL to 5/16" barb. What size gas hose are you using?

right now i have 1/4" hose that is attached to my quick disconnects. I have 2 1/4" barbed quick disconnects and I need to buy 2 more...I was thinking of buying 2 more that have the threaded 1/4" and getting the 1/4" ffl to 5/16" barb adapter and using 1/4" hose for the tight seal...thoughts? or should i just go all threaded disconnects with 1/4 to 5/16 adapters and 5/16 hose to the 5/16 4 way manifold?

If you're using 1/4" hose I would stick with a 1/4" manifold and barbs. You can always, and should, use a clamp to get a really tight seal.

Back