co2 bottle/reg near refridgerant lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengerman

Reaction score
I got a keggin setup for xmas, and I picked up an old minifridge to put it in. It's very simmilar to the sanyo everyone on here seems to use. It has the same refridgerant lines through the freezer box, and I bent the box back to make space for cornies.
I know I shouldn't run my beer lines too close to the box, and I infer that I shouldn't put the kegs too close for the same reason, but can I put the co2 tank and reg against it? Would I run into pressure problems from the temperature difference?
It seems like the most convenient place to put the co2 because of the hump back there, but I don't want to run into troubles.

Unless the regulator is touching the lines, I wouldn't worry. A small piece of foam will prevent contact.

there is really no danger from putting anything close to those lines. even beer lines- unless they were solidly attached to the refrigerant lines, there would most likely be no problems.

Good to hear. I think with the tank in the back I'll be able to fit 3 kegs in there.

I have the same set-up as you and leave my CO2 tanks against year round outside without a problem. Unless you fridge get down to the -109 F range there is no need to worry about the CO2.

Back