Clogged keg. Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
So I had a bad transfer with this one and it took alot of hop debris, I’ve been dealing with slow pours and clogging posts and dip tube since a couple days after I kegged this. Well now with about 2gal left it won’t even pour. I take the out post off and sure there’s hip debris in the ports so clean that off blow out the dip tube, put it back on gas. Pull the tap and nothing. Is there any way to salvage this like tilt the keg a little in hopes all that debri slides out of the way of the dip tube. Idk what else to do unless I just use my auto siphon and siphon it to my other keg and just drink it before it oxidizes. But that’s better than having to dump it. Neipas aren’t cheap to make ya know.

Happened to me with my first Mango IPA. This solved the problem. Took about a week to get it, though.
Is That a floating dip tube. If so I’ve considered getting one as I just like he concept of pulling the beer from above any gunk that may have gotten into the keg.

Yeah, the Clear Beer Draught System. Is the link not working for you? Others make similar products, and there is a thread on it floating around :cool:

So I had a bad transfer with this one and it took alot of hop debris, I’ve been dealing with slow pours and clogging posts and dip tube since a couple days after I kegged this. Well now with about 2gal left it won’t even pour. I take the out post off and sure there’s hip debris in the ports so clean that off blow out the dip tube, put it back on gas. Pull the tap and nothing. Is there any way to salvage this like tilt the keg a little in hopes all that debri slides out of the way of the dip tube. Idk what else to do unless I just use my auto siphon and siphon it to my other keg and just drink it before it oxidizes. But that’s better than having to dump it. Neipas aren’t cheap to make ya know.

Too bad we are not local to each other. I have plenty of dip tubes and I have a stainless steel tube cutter. I'd gladly make one for you.

Take the post apart again and remove the poppet. Remove the poppet from the quick disconnect as well. Put back together and see if you can pour the problem hops out. Drink in the next week or so as you've introduced a lot of oxygen. .......Don't forget that you have removed the poppets when you disconnect or you'll get a face full of spray

Yeah, the Clear Beer Draught System. Is the link not working for you? Others make similar products, and there is a thread on it floating around :cool:
the link worked. I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was looking at

hmm, never had this problem. but i'd think maybe hook the gas line to the bev line if it's ball lock. vent the keg a bit then hook it back up proper.

Not exactly the same situation but thought it might help. I recently started pressure fermenting in a corny keg. I tilt the keg at about a 45 degree angle and let it stay like that until fermenting is done. All the gunk settles into the lowest part of the keg and I'm able to transfer fairly clear beer to the serving keg.

Latest posts

Back