Beer won’t come out of keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyR

Reaction score
I have a carbonated keg, ready to drink.. and the beer won’t come out. It’s not a clogged dip tube, valve or beer line, and there are no co2 leaks. It just won’t come out. I am absolutely stumped and appreciate any tips!

If it's carbonated, and you can hear pressure release when you pull the prv, it's definitely clogged somewhere from the dip tube on. You're just missing it somewhere. Is it a hoppy beer? I'd pull the dip tube and try to blow it out. I've had hops clog them.

I had that happen on a recent keg. Pulled the tap after not using that keg for a few days, and nothing flowing. Checked CO2 levels and pressure and all was fine. Turns out it was all user error. I had the kegerator set a little too high, and actually froze the entire keg. Frozen solid. Ugh. Hope this is not your case.
I also went with a floating dip tube a while back to avoid clogged dip tube etc.

@lumpher I can hear the pressure release, definitely carbonating fine. Already checked the dip tube, poppet, outvalve, lines, etc. Removed all re-cleaned and resanitized and hooked it back up. it still doesn’t work.

Is there any chance that when cleaning the keg, you reversed the liquid and gas diptubes? I've read a couple experienced kegger's on here having that as an 'oops!' moment.
I've done it. Old kegs aren't always marked in and out. Or reversed the posts accidentally.

Did you check the that the part in liquid line disconnect is not stuck? The little plastic part that pushes into the poppet on the keg. Sometimes they get sticky or out of position and will not push open poppet. Does beer squirt out if you push in liquid line poppet w screwdriver?
This was indeed the issue! Wow, thanks so much!

Back