Clearing up, very small white ring at top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B192734

Reaction score
So I have the raspberry in the carboy aging away. It's just this last week suddenly gotten to the point where it's obviously beginning to clear up. I can now see through it and see my hand moving back and forth behind it. Smells wonderful as well. It's currently in a 3 gallon carboy, and is filled to within about 1 inch of the top.

My question is: There is a slight white ring around the top. Doesn't look like mold or anything, but I wanted to see if I could figure out what is was, and if everything is still ok. It's not a huge ring, or a film, just a slight white ring around the edge. Any ideas? Thanks!

I have seen that on a couple of my mead gallons. I would think that it might just be a bit of residual bee's wax left in the honey from the filtering process.. I did notice it more on the "good" honey as compared to the cheaper store brand clover honey...
it did not change the taste of the mead any and most of it stuck to the neck of the jug when I racked into clean jugs to get of the small amount of sediment that was built up.
I'll bet others have had the same thing.;):)

Latest posts

Back