Cleaned/pressurized corny's on sale for $19 each if you buy a 4 pack.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBeemer

Reaction score
The CHI Company; (530) 622-8265 here in northern California just emailed me as I buy 4 packs of corny's from them every so often. Three times the last couple months alone so far and last year a couple 4 packs. These 4 packs are shipped in one box UPS ground within a couple days. There are cleaned and pressurized 4 packs normally $92 now on sale for $76 only until 11-8-08. That is $19 per corny before taxes if in California plus shipping. I just ordered another 4 pack. On their forum they have corny's in different stages of rebuild with all new "O" rings. I have always had great clean dent free corny's from them plus one freebie sent to replace one that slipped by their quality control that was all bashed up or ran over by a truck. No questions asked a free replacement was sent. I'll try something different and cut the top off the one odd pin lock Coke corny and maybe use it as a chiller heat exchanger chamber, flow the 58*F well water I have thru it. On The CHI Company they are a very honorable company with great people to work with and talk with, no pressurure next order waiting cut you off type of business. They still have no more 15.5 gallon kegs coming in with only 2,000 or less corny's left. I mean this as they ship out of the country to places wanting corny's like 500, 2,000 or 3,000 at a time in one order like Turkey or Oz that supplies the whole pacific region of homebrewers.

11-8-08 is the end of this sale for $76 4 packs of corny's.

Just wanted to pass this along.

Like I posted, sale ends 11-8-08 a short sale window time.
It works for me as they are app 115 miles north of me hence cheap
shipping.

CHI supplies corny's to many of your LHBS across the country thru their business license for a better discount. I bet the price your LBSH pays and sell these corny's is a quick and easy profit. All it has to do id hold the precharge pressure (15-20 psi?) if it holds the precharge it's good. I want my money to go farther so I can buy other brewing items not line the LBSH pockets. Mine drives a AMG Mercedes life is good off your money.

It has gotten so bad in the S.F bay area that the cops are going under cover trying to sell 15.5, 7.75 and corny's to scrap yards. These undercover cops I have met before you'll be surprised how ratty they can look. A retired Oakland officer owns a bar across the street from a 3 1/2 year tunnel job I worked on. If caught and I know of one scrap yard that's dirty they can lose their scrap business license. One business i've know for 34 years and three generations are family to me i'm treated as such with top dollar on even lower grade copper. I used them to cash in over 183K pounds of copper off one job alone.

Look for a 10 or 15 gallon corny's if you want sticker shock? At $450 i'll pass.

Thanks for the great resource. Their prices seem really competitive. I am just starting to research kegging, jockey boxes etc. So I have limited pricing research, but this looks good to me.

I posted the CHI Company a couple months ago after talking with one of the CHI owners and ordering another 4 pack of corny's. I was told they purchased every last piece of equipment that Pepsi owned. This being all the corny's, some corny's will trickle in over time and may just dry up. I would not want to be on that waiting list. They purchased the complete pepi assembly line that includes the equipment for cleaning and refilling corny's. CHI purchased all of pepsi corny's, lock stock and barrel. The above quote of numbers shipped out of the country was from one of the CHI company owners from a 5-6 week ago conversation. I got scared then ordered another 4 pack at $92 plus they added a free O ring kit this time. Turkey and Oz combined ordered 3,000 corny's. China and other Asian countries are glad to have these corny's for other uses as food and drink containers not the stainless for scrap. More stainless scrap weight comes from half kegs that are shipped to China in high volumes. With CHI's email I received yesterday telling me about their short 4 day sale plus they had just under 2,000 corny's left I bet many other homebrewers besides LHBS would stock also stock up on this short sale price and order large numbers of them. A win win for the LHBS as when they are gone like CHI being empty LHBS corny prices could go way up, business greed and you need them and pay the asking price. I can see this happen rather soon call it supply and demand. When these are gone CHI will have no more unless a couple trickle in, i'm not wanting to be on a waiting list not alone any higher prices than the $76 now offered. The left overs could be dented and beat up left over cornys.
Shipping was $13 each for two 4 packs then $21 last month for 5 as one was a replacement for a damaged corny. I didn't ask the UPS ground shipping cost today for the 4 pack I ordered. Can't be too much as it's only 115 miles away with UPS ground shipping. Someone last month got enough people together to cover the cost and shipping then ordered a pallet of 27 corny's and had them picked up at the commercial business as they will only deliver to acommercial. I believe it came to around $17-$19 each this was from a back east corny supplier shipping to Calif is out of the question. I was lucky as CHI is close to me.
Every corny I have holds pressure and have been cleaned inside without big dents or loose rubber bottoms or tops. This puts me up to 16 corny's with one shorter pin lock Coke corny (ANY TRADE FOR A PINLOCK COKE CORNY PLUS A COUPLE BUCKS FOR A PEPSI BALL LOCK THE TRADE?). I picked up one pepsi corny with the top cut off just before it reduces in diameter. It has a 1/4" rod as a handle riveted near the top. A future inner cooler with coils inside with 58*F well water flowing into it? I'm thinking coil tight against the inside of this corny with 1/4" spacing with 1/2" soft copper tubing with a smaller coil of 5" diameter also 1/4" spaced inside the topless corny connected to the 1/2' X 50' chiller in the boil pot with the March pump for circulating and a circulating mixer motor mounted on the boil kettle for faster cooling.
The cut corny can hold 63' of 1/2" copper coil tubing fit tightly, soft soldered to the corny walls every 8-10" with 1/4" spacing between coils plus 1/2" copper supports for the 5" inner diameter coil with 1/4" between coils supporteed off the larger coils. This corny cooler with 58*F well water flowing up to 6 gallons a minute. I believe can drop 16 1/2-17 gallons of net cooled boil before heading to the fermenter rather quickly. Bottom line I want a full 10 and 15 gallon corny's not 14 1/4 gallons or less after the frementer.
Nuff ramblings, your on your own explaining the corny delivery to the wife.

I posted the CHI Company a couple months ago after talking with one of the CHI owners and ordering another 4 pack of corny's. I was told they purchased every last piece of equipment that Pepsi owned. This being all the corny's, some corny's will trickle in over time and may just dry up. I would not want to be on that waiting list.

They purchased the complete pepi assembly line that includes the equipment for cleaning and refilling corny's. CHI purchased all of pepsi corny's, lock stock and barrel. The above quote of numbers shipped out of the country was from one of the CHI company owners from a 5-6 week ago conversation. I got scared then ordered another 4 pack at $92 plus they added a free O ring kit this time.

Turkey and Oz combined ordered 3,000 corny's. China and other Asian countries are glad to have these corny's for other uses as food and drink containers not the stainless for scrap. More stainless scrap weight comes from half kegs that are shipped to China in high volumes. With CHI's email I received yesterday telling me about their short 4 day sale plus they had just under 2,000 corny's left I bet many other homebrewers besides LHBS would stock also stock up on this short sale price and order large numbers of them. A win win for the LHBS as when they are gone like CHI being empty LHBS corny prices could go way up, business greed and you need them and pay the asking price. I can see this happen rather soon call it supply and demand.

When these are gone CHI will have no more unless a couple trickle in, i'm not wanting to be on a waiting list not alone any higher prices than the $76 now offered. The left overs could be dented and beat up left over cornys.
Shipping was $13 each for two 4 packs then $21 last month for 5 as one was a replacement for a damaged corny. I didn't ask the UPS ground shipping cost today for the 4 pack I ordered. Can't be too much as it's only 115 miles away with UPS ground shipping.

Someone last month got enough people together to cover the cost and shipping then ordered a pallet of 27 corny's and had them picked up at the commercial business as they will only deliver to acommercial. I believe it came to around $17-$19 each this was from a back east corny supplier shipping to Calif is out of the question. I was lucky as CHI is close to me.

Every corny I have holds pressure and have been cleaned inside without big dents or loose rubber bottoms or tops. This puts me up to 16 corny's with one shorter pin lock Coke corny (ANY TRADE FOR A PINLOCK COKE CORNY PLUS A COUPLE BUCKS FOR A PEPSI BALL LOCK THE TRADE?). I picked up one pepsi corny with the top cut off just before it reduces in diameter. It has a 1/4" rod as a handle riveted near the top. A future inner cooler with coils inside with 58*F well water flowing into it? I'm thinking coil tight against the inside of this corny with 1/4" spacing with 1/2" soft copper tubing with a smaller coil of 5" diameter also 1/4" spaced inside the topless corny connected to the 1/2' X 50' chiller in the boil pot with the March pump for circulating and a circulating mixer motor mounted on the boil kettle for faster cooling.

The cut corny can hold 63' of 1/2" copper coil tubing fit tightly, soft soldered to the corny walls every 8-10" with 1/4" spacing between coils plus 1/2" copper supports for the 5" inner diameter coil with 1/4" between coils supporteed off the larger coils. This corny cooler with 58*F well water flowing up to 6 gallons a minute. I believe can drop 16 1/2-17 gallons of net cooled boil before heading to the fermenter rather quickly. Bottom line I want a full 10 and 15 gallon corny's not 14 1/4 gallons or less after the frementer.

Nuff ramblings, your on your own explaining the corny delivery to the wife.

The enter button is an amazing tool

I was told that between the price CHI is asking towards the end of their corny stock, my big mouth and people on other beer forums lurking our forum there has been some good activity.
How long they will have them in stock is a wild guess, can last weeks or gone in a minute only takes a phone call from somone big to grab all of them. Think about it add a little greed and a place to store them then sell 'em when no one has them.

The front of my house would look like the "Tin Man" on ACID doing a self assembly if I said i'll take 'em all. Yea sure the wife would take half of everything I own also.

your on your own explaining the corny delivery to the wife.

Thanks for the tip, BB. :mug: I just ordered the 4-pack and the wife is going to slay me. It was hard enough getting the kegerator in the house, and that was ONLY because she loves the ESB.

BTW, talked with CHI and the corny's are flying out the door. This is a great sale, but will be over soon.

The 4 packs by CHI are cheaper than their 1, 2, 8, 12 or 20 pack in dollars each. The 4 packs are $19 each before tax if in Calif plus add your shipping. As of 1:15 AM this friday morning 11-28-08 this must be from last wednesdays inventory report there were only 131 corny's left at CHI. Matts cool and ships quick by UPS ground.Even the ones at the end are clean and rather dent free not left over bashed up garbage. Matt holds a high standard.

I still have to find out what it takes to convert a pin lock style Coke corny to a ball lock then i'll have 18 ball lock corny's. 17 are Pepsi's with one Coke that is shorter. The Visa bill this month hasn't come in yet, the wife does the billing. There is rental property paint and supplies mixed in with the little corny 4 pack maybe it will get lost in the $938 purchases this month? This must be a rental repair write off under liquids required as the water is presently turned off.
Tax write off as medication? Just don't look into my small 10' x 10' x 5' below grade furnance room it's packed with corny's that keep breeding. With a future conical fermenter and 90 gallons in corny's unless I fill a couple of pony kegs i'm good for my personal consumption. I bet by next week the corny's will be all be gone. Look for 15.5, 7.75 or smaller kegs CHI has, many as sold out, corny's will be next. Next source is your local brew supply, get ready for sticker shock besides none have 15.5 kegs. Ebay, craigs list or word of mouth my many scouts have come up empty.
Best of luck to you brewers that are ordering corny's late in the
game before getting told sold out.

Back