Clarifying an IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col224

Reaction score
First off, I'm finally back to brewing after a WAY too long hiatus.

I just did a Hop Scare IPA from midwest and was thinking about adding some sort of clarifying agent once I get it into my secondary. It would be strictly an aesthetic type of thing but wanted to see what you all thought?

If so, what would you recommend?

First off, I'm finally back to brewing after a WAY too long hiatus.

I just did a Hop Scare IPA from midwest and was thinking about adding some sort of clarifying agent once I get it into my secondary. It would be strictly an aesthetic type of thing but wanted to see what you all thought?

If so, what would you recommend?

Are you cold crashing?
If not, that will have a huge impact, and make your beer taste better.

you could try white labs clarity ferm, it is recommended to add right after pitching yeast tho.

Just finished the last bottle of a Columbus IPA 6 gallon batch. I cold crashed after 3 weeks for 4 days added gelatin, left 3 more days, clear as can be. I have done this on 3 different beers & all came out very clear.

I've never cold crashed before but I looked at a couple threads on here. It seems to be the same basic principle as right after boil.

Is there a specific point to do it at? a temp to do it to? I'm planning on kegging my beer so having enough yeast left to bottle isn't a huge deal for me.

Latest posts

Back