Cinnamon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyber_Amy

Reaction score
I added cinnamon to my apple juice. Would that hurt the cider? Seems like the yeast are barely bubbling

How long has it been since you pitched the yeast? and no it won't hurt it.

I put the yeast is yesterday. Along with the sugar and cinnamon. My first batch was so good, I don't know why I just didn't
Leave well enough alone.

I used Red Star champagne yeast. How long will it take to see if I blew it?

if using ground cinnamon at any time in fermentation watch for mucus-like strings/globules, just something which can occur with no rhyme or reason. I do not get them if using 'stick' form, but it is one of the reasons I just make cinnamon extract.

I put the yeast is yesterday. Along with the sugar and cinnamon. My first batch was so good, I don't know why I just didn't
Leave well enough alone.

I used Red Star champagne yeast. How long will it take to see if I blew it?

What was your starting gravity, and what is your current gravity? A hydrometer is the only true way to tell if there is fermentation happening. A lack of bubbles could be an indication that there is a leak and the CO2 is coming out somewhere else, most likely a loose bung.

Back