Ciderpress/Vinoka fermentation vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrSteve1971

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Vinoka/RJSpagnols/Ciderpress "still or sparkling" kit. I have heard that cider is way more sensitive than beer to the air during fermentation. I have 2 containers...an ale pail or a glass carboy (narrow neck so it could be difficult to clean). When making beer I use the ale pail, syphon and condition in the glass carboy. Could I use the same process for cider? Also, if I do a secondary, is it time sensitive i.e. could I leave it in for 1-2 months?

Also I have heard of "blow back" does anyone have any experience with these kits to know if this could be an issue?

At the end of the day I will have to bottle condition and Vinoka suggested adding some fermentable sugar prior to bottling.

Thanks!

You can use the bucket for primary, and the carboy for secondary without any worries.

I don't know what a "blow back" is, so I can't help out with that, sorry!

Thanks YooperBrew...cider here I come! Then after my wife is happy, I can make some more beer.

I think "blow back" refers to vigerous fermentation. But with the ale pail it shouldn't be as much of an issue as with a narrow neck carboy.

Back