cider with coconut water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke trollope

Reaction score
I have found brewing cider with coconut water to be very good so here is a recipe...

10 liters of fresh apple juice (can use re constituted)
7 liters of fresh coconut water (can use UHT treated coconut water)
1 KG of raw sugar
6 liters of water

tip the apple juice and coconut water into a 30 liter primary fermenter dissolve the sugar in boiling water and ad it to the fermenter then add water to take it to 23 liters add yeast and ferment once it has fermented add 125 grams of sugar before bottling to ferment in the bottle for carbonation.

The coconut water helps keep the drinker hydrated and I have never had a hangover drinking this brew. Best aged for 2 months or more...

I have found brewing cider with coconut water to be very good so here is a recipe...

10 liters of fresh apple juice (can use re constituted)
7 liters of fresh coconut water (can use UHT treated coconut water)
1 KG of raw sugar
6 liters of water

tip the apple juice and coconut water into a 30 liter primary fermenter dissolve the sugar in boiling water and ad it to the fermenter then add water to take it to 23 liters add yeast and ferment once it has fermented add 125 grams of sugar before bottling to ferment in the bottle for carbonation.

The coconut water helps keep the drinker hydrated and I have never had a hangover drinking this brew. Best aged for 2 months or more...

Intriguing. Is there a coconut flavor added to the cider? Where does one get 7 liters of fresh cocnut water?

Back