Christmas Party Recipe Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guidry

Reaction score
OK, I was given notice of an upcoming Xmas party and asked to provide a keg. Problem is that I will have to turn the beer around in about 18-21 days.

Last year I brought a keg of stout and the guests drank a good bit but most commented that it was darker than what they usually drink (shocker, eh?). Anyway, I was thinking I'd go with something a little "milder" this year but I am looking for possible tried and proven recipes that might just be able to be ready in the short time....Maybe an amber? Maybe a Pale Ale?

Any suggestions?

(I'm familiar with the almost overnight ready Centennial Blonde but I'm kinda burnt out on that one.)

Last year, I brought a keg of kit PSA IPA to a xmas party. Everybody loved it. Mild and fruity enough of an IPA for non-IPA drinkers, good beer on it's own for the people who could appreciate it. I brewed another AG clone for this year.

Last year, I brought a keg of kit PSA IPA to a xmas party. Everybody loved it. Mild and fruity enough of an IPA for non-IPA drinkers, good beer on it's own for the people who could appreciate it. I brewed another AG clone for this year.

Gottta recipe? AG preferably, but I'm not opposed to extract either. Where did this kit come from?

I did Edwort's Pale Ale for a birthday party this summer in about 3-4 weeks. It seems to be a fast beer and went over really well with the non-drinkers and BMC crowd alike :)

The kit was Brewer's Best. I'll check my AG recipe when I get home tonight. It should be carbed tonight, for verification.

The Belgian Pale Ale I had my New Years Party last year was a big hit among everyone, even those who claimed to only drink Bud.

Just had my wife try my 2 week old batch of Nice ASP! IPA, and we both liked it (she doesn't like IPAs). Another week would be great. Not quite happy with the head though ...

BB PSA IPA:
6.6 lb Light LME
1 lb Light DME
4 oz Carapils
8 oz Caramel 40L
1 oz Summit 60 min
1 oz Palisade 20 min
1 oz Ahtanum 0 min

Nice ASP! IPA:
10 lbs 2 row
1 lb Caramel 40L
.5 lb Carapils
.75 oz Summit 60 min
1 oz Palisade 10 min
1 oz Ahtanum 0 min
US-05 yeast

I am brewing Edwort's Haus Pale Ale for this same reason. To have something drinkable in 4 weeks. I will be bottling, so I need the 2 week carbonation period, but since you are kegging, something along these lines should work for you in your time frame. Nottingham is a fast starting/finishing yeast, so keep it in mind for what you choose to brew.

15 minute Cascade Pale Ale. Such an easy recipe and I just cracked my first bottle last night. It fermented super quick, such that I could have and should have bottled earlier. The recipe is in the recipes section under American Ale.

I would just do a good IPA or Pale Ale and use the San Diego Superyeast from White labs for quick fermentation time. Should be more than ready in time for the party.

Back