Christmas Menu for My Friends

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrManifesto

Reaction score
just got done typing up the copy for what i'm sending my friends, tell me if this sounds tasty...

The Menu

Consumption (A Spiced Xmas Stout)
original gravity 1.087 final gravity 1.016
33 IBUS
9.5% ALC
spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice

Roasty and creamy, this spiced milk stout has notes of spice, black coffee and cream. This ale may be enjoyed now or laid down like a fine wine and enjoyed on a special occasion. It is currently six months old.

Distraction (An India Pale Ale)
original gravity 1.068 final gravity 1.006
80 IBUS
6.3% ALC

Four different styles of hops lend their flavor to give this ale a unique orange flavor. Dry, crisp and citrusy, this ale is bright with a lemon finish. Perfect for a drink before a meal with friends.

Reflection (An Irish Brown Ale)
original gravity 1.056 final gravity 1.010
28 IBUS
6% ALC

Rich and malty with caramel and toffee notes. This ale pairs perfectly with an after dinner coffee cake. The result of a happy accident in which I chose black malt instead of roasted, it goes to show that you can find enjoyment in the strangest places.

Hope (A Rye Ale)
original gravity 1.059 final gravity 1.010
80 IBUS
6.4% ALC

Dry and tart, this ale has been highly hopped to bring out the straw and unique rye flavor. An American variation of the German Roggenbier, this style has been brewed for centuries but is only now developing popularity on this side of the Atlantic.

*AS WITH ALL BOTTLE CONDITIONED ALES, POUR CAREFULLY, LEAVING THE LAST ¼ INCH OF BEER IN THE BOTTLE. SEDIMENT IS NATURAL BUT NOT TASTY.

Uh we are friends right?!! Man those beers sound wonderful. You gonna share those recipes?

Back