Christmas choices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donner

Reaction score
So the wife got me a gift certificate to brewmasters warehouse for Xmas. So what do I get?

I kinda feel like I should invest in equipment since I have to buy ingredients. I have a good all-grain setup already, 7gal mlt, 10gal pot, immersion chiller etc.

So now to my question. I have really only toyed with two ideas. One is a grain mill of some sort. The other is a march pump with the idea of turning my ic into a whirlpool chiller.

Crushing grain has several upsides but in the summer it seemed like I really was only able to chill to ~80 degrees so the improved chiller has appeal too.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

FWIW, I love having my own grain mill. I like buying in bulk and then being able to grind when I want it. Tomorrow, for example, I'm going to brew with just the grain, hops and yeast I have on hand - no need to go to the lhbs or wait for an order.

Happy New Years!

FWIW, I love having my own grain mill. I like buying in bulk and then being able to grind when I want it. Tomorrow, for example, I'm going to brew with just the grain, hops and yeast I have on hand - no need to go to the lhbs or wait for an order.

Happy New Years!

yeah. I like the idea of ordering grains and milling them, but I can get orders from BMW the day after I order since I am so close. Being able to
get the stuff so fast means I don't have a need for a mill unless I can get in on some group buys for cheaper grain.

I kinda feel like a whirlpool ic will actually help improve my beer by allowing for faster chilling and better aroma hop preservation.

Again. It's why I'm torn.

Back