Chiller plate to Fermenter Transfer Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solomonrz101

Reaction score
Ok,
So I am currently running a Brutus 30 type system and just received a call that I have a 40 plate chiller on the way from an old friend:ban: Here is what I am trying to figure out before it gets here, I want to mount the chiller plate directly to my stand so I can gravity feed out of my last keggle but now how can I easily pump the chilled liquid up to my fermenters which are mounted on the wall about 7ft tall and still have a little aeration in the process. Anything helps considering I am very new to all this but I am very handy and have a farm full of tools so bring em on!!! No ideas to small or too big:rockin:

Cheers

solomonrz101 said:
Ok,
So I am currently running a Brutus 30 type system and just received a call that I have a 40 plate chiller on the way from an old friend:ban: Here is what I am trying to figure out before it gets here, I want to mount the chiller plate directly to my stand so I can gravity feed out of my last keggle but now how can I easily pump the chilled liquid up to my fermenters which are mounted on the wall about 7ft tall and still have a little aeration in the process. Anything helps considering I am very new to all this but I am very handy and have a farm full of tools so bring em on!!! No ideas to small or too big:rockin:

Cheers

Simplest thing to do is put the pump before the plate chiller. You'll be able to pump through the plate chiller and regulate the flow and temperature into the fermenter.

2nd... plate chillers like to be pumped into/full and you may as well use that to get upto and into your carboys..

Thanks guys I guess I can just use one of my existing wort pumps and run my hoses straight into the chill plate!! Cheers Thanks Again!!!

Back