Children International

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexibilly

Mexibilly
Reaction score
I began sponsoring Jocelyn, a 9 year old from the Philippines, 10 years ago. I, and then my wife, exchanged letters with her for nearly a decade.
She has graduated from the program now at 18, and I received the first of what I hope to be many Facebook messages from her a few days ago. We've been messaging and she is responsibly engaging and directing her future now, studying and testing to be a caregiver for MR/DD individuals.
The most awesome feeling was to get a message from this young lady that I got to see grow up from a child. My wife and I don't have children (3 dogs and 3 cats), and so never experienced watching a little human develop into a grown up human firsthand. What we did experience was very cool though. We have a new young lady, Lorelei, 10 years old now, we began sponsoring when Jocelyn graduated.
That's all. Just feeling good...

Glad to hear she's doing well. What all does the sponsorship entail?

$28/month auto withdrawal from checking, writing letters back and forth, exchanging pictures...
Lorelei drew a picture of how she pictures us (no picture exchange yet) standing beside a food truck after I told her Jennifer would like to own/operate one some day.
We have at least 6 pictures of Jocelyn through the years with our others in the living room. There's one of Lorelei but I've not sent her any yet. It's on my todo list

Back