Chicagoland Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkdiesel

Reaction score
Guys,

I've been hitting up this site for a couple of years. I love to brew. If anyone is interested in joining me in starting up a Chicagoland Brews club that would meet in the Elmhurst (60126) area please let me know. I have a few buddies who are interested, but could use some more expertise.

Best,

Ryan
[email protected]

Hi Ryan. I'm way too far south for you, but wanted to check to see if you've looked up the Chicago-area clubs on the AHA site? I'm pretty sure there are some north Chicago clubs, but of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't start your own. For what its worth, the club I'm a member of is at www.bossbeer.org - take a look at the newsletter and you'll get a sense of what we do. Its been great, for me.

Did you find some of the other northwest burbs clubs on the AHA site? Or are you still thinking you want to start a new one?

Still want a new one. It's looking like it's going to grow organically. I find people that are interested and like coming over for brewing. But only one who is really interested in learning and trying new things. Propagators is a possible name.

Thanks for asking

If you want to talk about starting a brew club, in addition to the BOSS link above, you might talk with Chicago Beer Society. Also C.H.A.O.S is a young club that recently started up in the city - they might have some ideas for you.

Thanks for all the help. Are you sure you don't want to move out here?

I'll contact the new group from Chicago.

Thanks,

Ryan

Back