• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Chicago - Looking for Cold Plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justtaint

Reaction score
I overextended myself and volunteered to brew a few batches of beer for a wedding this summer without any thought to how to serve it.

I've already purchased a nice 50's aluminum cooler but now I need a cold plate.

Needs to be at least 3 pass as that's how many beers I promised, but 6 pass would be great so the lines could be doubled up.

Thanks in advance.

I just sold my 3 pass but i saw somone else on here that was selling a 4 pass and a 6 pass. Do a search in for sale and should come up. Good luck

Ebay has been a bust so far. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms but all I see are 1-2 overpriced listings. Still looking. I have some time, but I'd like to get this taken care of soon so I can start working on the jockey box.

I don't know what size the 6 pass cold plate was that he was selling on that other thread, but you can get brand new 6 pass cold plate (8x12) for $147 plus shipping (or local pickup in Carol Stream), so you really didn't miss out on a great deal. The 8x12 has 11' of 1/4 stainless tubing, so if you double pass and go with 3 taps, you should not have any problem cooling the beer.

Check out Apex Beverage (www.totalapex.com). Their website sucks for finding things, but they seemed to be nice to work with when I was looking for a cold plate. Ultimately, I ordered a cold plate from Midwest Beverage (www.midwestbev.com) out of Ohio because they were able to cut me a very nice deal on an 8 pass cold plate and a bunch of other small parts that I was looking for. My 4 tap jockey box should be ready to test this weekend before it gets put into service for a graduation party the first weekend on June.

-Kurt

I don't know what size the 6 pass cold plate was that he was selling on that other thread, but you can get brand new 6 pass cold plate (8x12) for $147 plus shipping (or local pickup in Carol Stream), so you really didn't miss out on a great deal. The 8x12 has 11' of 1/4 stainless tubing, so if you double pass and go with 3 taps, you should not have any problem cooling the beer.

Check out Apex Beverage (www.totalapex.com). Their website sucks for finding things, but they seemed to be nice to work with when I was looking for a cold plate. Ultimately, I ordered a cold plate from Midwest Beverage (www.midwestbev.com) out of Ohio because they were able to cut me a very nice deal on an 8 pass cold plate and a bunch of other small parts that I was looking for. My 4 tap jockey box should be ready to test this weekend before it gets put into service for a graduation party the first weekend on June.

-Kurt

Do the Apex ones come with fittings?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If I remember correctly they come with 1/4" barb fittings, but you may want to call them and confirm. I know the plates from Midwest came with fittings.

I'll give this another week before I give up and check out the store linked above.
Still looking for now.

Thanks KurtB.

Back