Cherry Wine using concentrates/juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had success using 100% cherry concentrates/juices to create an awesome cherry wine?

There's a place in Northern MI - King Orchards www.kingorchards.com that sells both Tart Montmorency and Balaton concentrates (68Brix) and Old Orchard offers a 100% Tart Cherry in half gal containers. I'm sure there are others out there too...but being from Michigan these stand out.

I've had a few great cherry wines from places up in the Traverse City, MI area over the years and would like to try one myself. These all had a very pleasant cherry taste -- not cough mediciney at all...

For my Cherry Vino project I'm looking to put something together without fruit juice blends, no added white/corn sugar etc., and not interested in pressing my own cherries.

Anyone have a recipe/experience they'd be willing to share?

Thanks in advance & Cheers!

Using juices are easy! Some might lack some of the full mouth feel, but adding tannins or some whole fruit to the juice is an option. Some juices need to be watered down due to high acid content (cranberry and blue berry come to mind). There are several threads of using grape juice and other juice combos.

Using juices are easy! Some might lack some of the full mouth feel, but adding tannins or some whole fruit to the juice is an option. Some juices need to be watered down due to high acid content (cranberry and blue berry come to mind). There are several threads of using grape juice and other juice combos.
Yep....I use juice & frozen concentrates all the time for my ciders & other vinos (Concorde & Mixed Berry) -- I'm specifically looking for some feedback on 100% cherry vinos folks have made. (I've yet to come across a 100% Cherry frozen concentrate.)

Thanks! Cheers [emoji111]

Latest posts

Back