Cheers to Yooper. (and a request)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Just wanted to post up a cheers to Yooper from Sacramento Ca. :mug:

These are two of my favorite beers. Go-to drinkability. It makes me sad when they run out so I make more.

Da Yooper's House Pale Ale
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/da-yoopers-house-pale-ale-100304/

Yooper's Oatmeal Stout
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/yoopers-oatmeal-stout-210376/

Now a request.

Dear Yooper,
I am having problems pouring a black and tan with these beers. After approximately 25-30 attempts I cannot get them to layer.
Can you please fix this clear oversight on your part? ;)

Thanks,
Kevin
:D

WP_20140518_16_36_08.jpg

Your stout needs to be served with a nitro setup for it to layer.

I don't have a nitro set up- but I can pour a black & tan. I need to use my oatmeal stout, and then an IPA or IIPA, because the IPA has a lower gravity.
The key is a turtle- those bar spoons that they use to make a black & tan. I got one as a giveaway from Guiness a while back.

Sorry I can't help with the pouring- but thank you for the nice words about the recipes!

Haha! I've tried several spoons and a turtle. I haven't tried with a lower fg beer. I'll have to brew something to try that with.
I was mainly trying to be funny but yeah the recipes are awesome and thanks for sharing them. :mug:

Haha! I've tried several spoons and a turtle. I haven't tried with a lower fg beer. I'll have to brew something to try that with.
I was mainly trying to be funny but yeah the recipes are awesome and thanks for sharing them. :mug:

I'm glad you like them!

Yep, the reason a B&T works is due to the differences in FG- that is what keeps them from mixing. When you have two beers with very different FGs, you could try again, even if they are non traditional B&T beers, just for practice. Of course, if it's 9 AM, that might be frowned upon in some workplaces. :D

Latest posts

Back