Gritty's Pub Style ESB/APA Clone Hop question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfarah19

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, this is my first post on this website so bear with me. I am trying to make a Gritty McDuff's Pub Style English style pale ale (ESB) but the problem is they use cascade and willamette hops (as per their website). All reviews I have seen for the beer say it's an APA though so I was confused. What I am hoping to do is use Yooper's house pale ale recipe and somehow incorporate both hops into the recipe. Any thoughts on how to do this? This is my favorite beer and would like to figure out a recipe for it. It's got a bitter flavor but also that willamette tone to it. I could be going in the wrong direction and should be looking at ESB recipes? What does everyone think? Thanks!

It doesn't appear to be a true ESB, especially with just 20 IBU's. But if you like it try to brew it!

I intend on making some type of American ESB to give me the biscuity flavor I love from Foster's ESB (now Premium Ale), but first I want to make something more proper with a similar taste as Old Speckled Hen. I bought 2 cans of Lyle's Golden Syrup from England to make it with as they use it.

Back