Cheers from Milwaukee, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherm1016

Reaction score
Like just about everyone else new around here, I've been reading this forum for a while (and stealing ideas), but now I have some specific questions. Introducing myself seemed to be the polite thing to do.

I've been brewing seriously for the better part of a decade now, although my very first batch was probably about 12 years ago. My beer tends to liked by most who drink it, but then again they are mostly friends and family, so maybe they are just placating me.

I have a 5 gallon all grain set up with the Rubbermaid coolers and an old freezer that I use as a fermentation chamber (for both heating and cooling).

Thanks (for both the past information and the future)...

I'm looking to start brewing sour ales, and I had some questions re: blending. Question is posted in the Lambic & Wild Brewing forum.

Thanks

Wow, The last 5 posts here were from SE Wisconsin, so I shall make it number six in a row. I am from SE Wisconsin as well where it seems we have many homebrewers.

Special greetings go out to all my Wisconsin brew brothers and especially to the Beer Barons, a really nice bunch of homebrew guys in Milwaukee. Looking forward to the Club Summer Picnic coming up Sept 11th!

Hello to all and as the last poster said, I have also read and learned so much is such a short time here. Thanks to everyone for being so engaged in their craft and willingness to share.

My story is in my profile, recently been re-awakened with the bug and have brewed 6 batches in the last year in the basement using a basic 5 Gal Brewpot, a few 6 Gal glass carboys, 3 corny kegs and a CO2 setup for my basement fridge. The last 4 batches were Partial Mash. I'm already planning the next jump to AG as PM is kind of hard to do with a 10 Gal Cooler. Now should I buy a setup for 5 Gal AG or 10? Seems like the next step to 10 gal is not that much more if you are starting with the basics.

Anyway, greetings and salutations to everyone. Im a MSOE grad also so if there are any of you out there say Hi.

Best Regards,
BBB

Back