Cheers from Columbus, OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief1973

Reaction score
You've got a reborn noobie here. Haven't brewed in about 5 years or so, but getting ready to brew first batch again this weekend. Started with Mr. Beer years ago and enjoyed learning more as I went along (wish I knew about this site back then) Starting out the second time around with extract kits to get my feet wet again, and hopefully move up to some partial mashes soon. Been reading on this site for months now, and I appreciate all the knowledge and answered questions on here. Got my new turkey fryer for Christmas so now I can do full boils which I'm excited about. Thanks again to everyone on here for the helpful tips, hints and knowhow. Wish me luck this weekend.

Thanks Rifester!

Brewed my Irish Red Ale extract kit this morning! Steeping grains smelled so good, can't believe its been 5+ years! I've looked at my fermenting bucket 3 three times already! Patience I know. Plan on leaving in primary for 4 weeks or so before bottling, I'll try to keep an update on bottling day, that is if I'm not too excited and forget!
Thanks again to everyone on here for the great advice and support, look forward to brewing again, and this time I hope to keep doing it! :mug:

Pitched my yeast about noon yesterday. I noticed within the first few hours, I had some "sediment" in the bottom of my bucket, but thanks to HBT, I knew not to worry, it was most like either trub or yeast getting ready to do their thing. Checked it this morning, and alot of the "sediment" was gone and I had a nice "foam" on top of my beer. I believe the yeast is doing its job!:rockin:

Well, after 4 weeks in primary, finally got my Irish Red in bottles. Ended up with 46 12oz bottles. Now just need to wait a few more weeks and give it a taste! Also need to be thinking about what I want to brew up next.:mug:

Latest posts

Back