Cheapest AG Vendor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am giving this thread a bump back up to the top.

I am in the customer service industry and Appreciate good service when I see it. Ed's service is top notch and his prices are awesome too. If you haven't placed an order yet, do it. You will not be let down.

-Scott

I am in the customer service industry and Appreciate good service when I see it. Ed's service is top notch and his prices are awesome too. If you haven't placed an order yet, do it. You will not be let down.

-Scott

Suck-up! hehehe :D
But you are exactly right.

Just made my first order. They were out of Barley Crushers though so I'm waiting till he gets more in and hopefully make my brew day over the long weekend. Weeeeeeee'll seeeeeeeeeee... :p

I can no longer pull up the BMW website on my computer... for three days, my computer will NOT open the page. WHAT THE HECK!!

i was going to suggest some programing on the part of your wife, as well. You might have to resort to just calling or emailing Ed, unless he is in on it with your wife...

Actually, the site wasn't working for me last night for a few hours then came back up. It was also not displaying for a bit 2 nights ago. Who knows.

I can no longer pull up the BMW website on my computer... for three days, my computer will NOT open the page. WHAT THE HECK!!

The Pol has been neutered! :cross:
You'll have to start having your stuff delivered to a friends house and sneaking it in the garage "under the radar".....

Just made my first order. They were out of Barley Crushers though so I'm waiting till he gets more in and hopefully make my brew day over the long weekend. Weeeeeeee'll seeeeeeeeeee... :p

Benny,

There is no need to worry the Barley Crushers will be at the store tomorrow and your order will no longer be at our store tomorrow. It will be headed to you in good old Rochester, NY (My hometown). :mug:

I will look into the site going down. That is always a huge issue and should never happen.

Yah, the crazy thing is, your site will come up on my wifes computer! On mine, it never will.... the thing just keeps "thinking" and never gets anywhere.

Let me know when the brewing salts arrive... also, should my WLP300 be showing up soon? I am in Dallas, so I have to tell the wife to look out for it!

Yah, the crazy thing is, your site will come up on my wifes computer! On mine, it never will.... the thing just keeps "thinking" and never gets anywhere.

Let me know when the brewing salts arrive... also, should my WLP300 be showing up soon? I am in Dallas, so I have to tell the wife to look out for it!

Scheduled delivery is tomorrow. I will be adding some of the brewing salts as soon as this weekend. If you are looking for some specific things please let me know so I can be sure to get them.

Just placed my first order at BMW for 2 recipes. These will be my 2nd and 3rd batches of beer, incidentally. With shipping costs, it came out much cheaper than my LHBS, and had everything I needed. I can't wait to shower in electric peanuts!

A feature request for a future website revision though: As a noob to brewing, I wasn't sure what category some of the grains would be found under, and wasn't sure if the grain I was looking at was exactly what my recipes called for. It took me a while to find flaked wheat, for instance, and I had added unmalted wheat to the recipe, then later had to rebuild the whole recipe from scratch once I found the flaked wheat.

I would like to see an alphabetic listing of all ingredients, and a detailed description, or at least some specs on the ingredients page when adding them to BrewBuilder.

-Scott

Wow!!!

I've been reading all the post and had to put in an order to see for myself.

And sure enough..... just 2 days after I ordered (I'm in Nebraska) I got my delivery.

Grains were sealed in a nice moisture proof bag.... this is really nice as I didn't plan to make the beer for a few weeks.

And, prices were the best I've ever seen!!!

I'm sold :ban: I have now found a new online supplier!!!:rockin:

Ed, you've created a monster. Let me know when you need extra help to fill all these orders...my brother's looking for a job and only lives about 10 minutes from you business.

!

Your wife must have took out the router manual and blocked your mac to that url. :)
Did you make her mad? Now you have to use her computer to order and she will know how much you really spend on brewing.

OK seriously now. Have you tried a different browser? Cleared your history, cache, cookies? Deleted temp files? Use the Ubuntu disk as a live bootable and see if you can surf to BMW from a linux distro? Do you have this problem just at home or anywhere you go?

-OCD

I'm pretty sure Ed has a static electricity generator that sits right above the peanut dipenser.

I picture it more as a tesla coil than a simple generator. They stick to EVERYTHING.

During a fresh gale at my house, my dogs knocked over a box of his peanuts. I had peanuts on the deck, peanuts in the grass, peanuts in the flowers, peanuts on the dog, peanuts in the trees, but I be damned if I had a peanut left in the cardboard box.

The peanuts I use are not nearly as bad as the ones that came in the box I received yeasterday. You could turn the box upside down and not have any peanuts fall out.

I think I am the one that created a monster.... the peanut monster to be exact. Sorry I brought it up Ed.
Actually, I am looking forward to my next order. I can't wait to fill one of my coworker's desk drawers with those things. :D

Really? Ahhhh, that's right, mgo737 started the thread and suggested the corn starch peanuts way back when. Stupid me.

What would you guys prefer, $7.99 shipping and corn starch peanuts, or $6.99 shipping and the green peanuts? Obviously the best choice is 6.99 and corn starch peanuts, but that not an option with the rising costs of shipping.

Yeah penuts suck but would I pay someone a $1 so I didn't have to deal with them? mmmm nah. Although I have yet to order from you guys so I don't know if you have super static penuts.... I think I will find out shortly.

Honestly, the "clingers" are fine with me to save a dollar. Just tell mgo737 that they are the starch type and maybe he will try to mash with them! :D

If you think the peanuts are bad, can you imagine if we filled void with say flaked oats. Sure you could use them in a brew, but the mess would make Zac blush.

Personally, I'd be happy to pay an extra buck for the starch peanuts though I consider myself a closet environmentalist (as I assume many brewers are). Seriously, the foam peanuts take forever to biodegrade... Also, Ed, you can advertise on the BMW site front and center that you use eco-friendly biodegradable corn starch peanuts. I am sure there are some yahoos out there like myself who would be impressed... Just my two cents.

Id pay an extra buck for the corn starch...

I dont suppose you could make that a choice for customers could you? Either $6.99 and FOREVER peanuts, or $7.99 and BIO-friendly peanuts?

Just a thought...

You might want to look into the air packing system. We use that at my distrobution center, they are super cost effective and made out of recycled plastic so they bio degrade promptly in land fill environments. You have an initial expense for the machine, but then its literally pennies to pack boxes. If your interested and cant find out more, pm me.

Also, foam peanuts? :(
I kinda stopped using AHS because of them damned things..

Me, too. Based on the rave reviews on this thread, my next order is going to BMW regardless, but no peanuts would have sealed the deal for practically all future orders.

Unfortunately the foam peanuts are the least expensive and easiest way for us to package orders. If I changed over to something else I would have to raise the shipping price to accommodate the extra cost. :(

I'd pay extra. I just ran a comparison of my likely next order, and with your price advantage over the common online competitors, I'd pay an extra buck or two an order and not bat an eye.

Which brings me to another thought: does the BMW website not keep cart info from one login session to the next? I had loaded my cart with 15 items the other day, and went back today and it's empty? That's a bit of a PITA...I like to toss things in the cart as I think of them and/or to do a comparison, then come back later and finalize the order and pull the trigger. Certainly not a dealbreaker (or even a big deal), but perhaps a way to augment your (apparently already spectacular) customer service.

Back