Cheap SS pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdillon36

Reaction score
So I found this super cheap pump that I thought I could use for brewing. It's all stainless so I thought it would be fine sanitation wise as well as temperature wise. It's only 12.49 so it might be worth a shot. It doesn't list a flow rate but I think I could get about 5 gpm and slow it way down if needed.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/3-q...wr48okjn4wnAnnL3BEd7Dz5t1TX0eAl1xQaAmVJ8P8HAQ

Edit: try to fix link

It is manually powered but I think I can move strike and sparge water with it.

For $6 more you can afford a 12 or 24v dc food grade pump which will pump 3gpm..

Dispite all the superstitions an unnecessary practices here some plastics (Like PPS) are fine for boiling temps and you do not need a sterile pump unless your using it on the cold side... That problem is solved by pumping boiling wort through it and your chiller for 5 minutes before chilling with it.

This was ment as a joke of sorts in reference to all the posts of that's a lot of of lifting or I don't want to build a stand or be safe and don't lift a full BK, etc and someone always chimes in with use a 1g pitcher.

Back