Cheap "Built In" Fridge for under counter kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solbes

Reaction score
Finally close to finishing our log cabin in Northern Minnesota. We have a 4 season porch/sunroom where the centerpiece will be the bar. Maple cabinets, live edge Ash slab upper and granite lower for counters.

I had found a too-perfect option on an Edgestar triple tap built in kegerator from a third party Amazon seller. Kind of knew it was a scam, but tried anyway. Good news is no money lost, bad news is no built in triple kegerator ever showed up. Silly me.

Anyways, I'd love to have 3 ball locks plus a 5lb CO2 tank fit (one could be a 2.5G). Two beers on tap and one soda for the kiddos. That Edgestar was up to the task. Buying one at retail costs is out of the question ($1700). So, wondering if anyone has found a good deal (under $500) for a built in fridge or keg conversion fridge that fits a 24" W and 33 7/8" H under counter space?

So far I've found built in keg conversion fridges that are sized right, but in the $700-900 range. And this GE built in/freestanding unit that is priced right under $400, but probably a little small on interior space (GCE06GSHSB). Also unknown if I can drill a 2-3" hole up top. Anything else that people have found?

I'll try to post some pics in a month or so when its all finished up and the mess has vanished. Thanks in advance for any tips or help!

Late reply, but...

I just bought a EdgeStar BR3001SS. It's a conversion fridge that's the same type used by the Kegco models with the digital temp control. It has enough interior space to fit three homebrew kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank.

Here is one on sale:
https://www.build.com/edgestar-full...675?uid=2794233&OrderConfirmation_Build.com_p

If you don't already have one, buy a used CO2 tank. Most places exchange them so buying a new one is a waste. It's good to buy one that is still within its hydro-test date, but not imperative.

Back