Thanks for having me ! any DIY keg fridge builders ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcbeaudry

Reaction score
Thanks for having me -a great wealth of information here !
i'm about to build my first kegerator - i'm intending to integrate into an existing under-counter cabinet ennclosure. I started with a mini fridge, then went up
to an old coca cola fridge with finned type evaporator assembly - the fan noise was a bit much and the power draw was quite high. My enclosure was only R10 at the time - i'm up to R30 with R25 in both the top loading keg door and front opening fridge door. I running the works on 110V , but would like to find a donor fridge that uses evaporator plates for both space and silence. I'm still looking for the next donor , cant seem to land the right make and model - if anyone has any advice on what to look for - it sure would be appreciated !
thanks
marc

Welcome! My guess is that if you're throwing around R values, you know more than 95% of us out here. But the nice thing about these forums is that the 5% will chime in.

I cannot add much, but when I asked about putting my homemade Kegerator, mini fridge I bought already done, into a cabinet I was told not to as there would be issues with venting properly and things of that nature. So, it now sits in the corner of the kitchen where most cannot see it. LOL. Either way, I am going to watch this and see what people say. Rock On!!!!!!

Back