Changing to new tower on edgestar kc2000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones1973

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experience drilling in the top of the edgestar kc2000 kegerator? there is already a hole for the current tower and i need to drill 4 holes so that i can install a new 3" triple tower and i don't want to hit any lines in the top. the new holes are only a slight distance away from the current hole in the top.

thanks.

adam.

More than likely in the cheaper units the cooling coils would be centrally located as it is cheaper to build, doubt they run on top. To be safe drill shallow pilot holes and put a thin stiff wire (paperclip?) in the hole and feel around for any obstructions. Other methods include spraying the walls and looking for condensation where the coils are. I forgot what people spray them with. My cheap wine fridge has a cooling plate in the back and nothing on any walls. Piece of crap.

edit - you could probably just probe around from within the existing hole using a coat hanger.

Latest posts

Back