Cga 320 to cga 320 filling station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flboy

Reaction score
Hi! What are experiences with tank refill stations? I am doing my own seltzer and have a 5 lb tank, which is so convenient! But in my quest for equipment, I scored two 20lb tanks- full- $15 apiece!! I also found a new 10lb for $30!
Are there quality, but inexpensive filling rigs out there? DIY build a better way to go?
I see very low prices on Zimkyfa stuff, but, is it junk?
I absolutely understand the pressures involved, and would rather not kill my self!
David

There are quite a few threads on that topic already...

One of those threads, IIRC, in the past 2-3 years, was on some common refilling procedures from larger tanks, and equipment needed. One of the pieces needed is a refill hose you can get on Amazon or AliExpress.

Unless it's a (proper) siphon tank (having a dip tube to the bottom), you need to position the donor tank upside down. The guy in that one thread had built a wooden cradle for that upside down tank.

Time for a thread search...

Last edited:
There are quite a few threads on that topic already...

One of those threads, IIRC, in the past 2-3 years, was on some common refilling procedures from larger tanks, and equipment needed. One of the pieces needed is a refill hose you can get on Amazon or AliExpress.

Unless it's a (proper) siphon tank (having a dip tube to the bottom), you need to position the donor tank upside down. The guy in that one thread had built a wooden cradle for that upside down tank.

Time for a thread search...
Hi! What are experiences with tank refill stations? I am doing my own seltzer and have a 5 lb tank, which is so convenient! But in my quest for equipment, I scored two 20lb tanks- full- $15 apiece!! I also found a new 10lb for $30!
Are there quality, but inexpensive filling rigs out there? DIY build a better way to go?
I see very low prices on Zimkyfa stuff, but, is it junk?
I absolutely understand the pressures involved, and would rather not kill my self!
David
UPDATE: not worth it!
My experience/results say this really is not the way to go! There are recommendations to chill the target tank, not really practical!
My biggest issue was transferring enough liquid co2 before pressures between the tanks equalized! My donor tank didn’t have a dip tube so I had to rig it upside down. My refill station had a five foot hose. The most I was able to transfer was 2-3 lbs!
What I believe was happening was the co2 expanding-turning to gas and when filling the target tank, it really heats up when compressed! In short time the pressures equalized and no more flow! So, kit returned, thank you, Amazon! I sold the two 20lb tanks for a fair enough profit to refill my two smaller tanks two-three times!
I also upgraded my regulator to a high pressure one made for seltzer!

Back