Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make sure you don't get two sisters from the same litter. For some reason, they rarely get along. Two brothers, or a brother and a sister, are fine. But two sisters is asking for conflict, in my experience and understanding.
That's not the case with these sisters, but then again they don't know they're cats.

IMG_3490.jpg

Hey, all... I have a long-hair Perisan-style cat who has some tremendously bad knots in his fur. Do you think that putting Cornhusker's Lotion (mostly lanolin, iirc) would be a safe way to help break up the mats/knots in his fur?

Hey, all... I have a long-hair Perisan-style cat who has some tremendously bad knots in his fur. Do you think that putting Cornhusker's Lotion (mostly lanolin, iirc) would be a safe way to help break up the mats/knots in his fur?

Remember that kitty will lick whatever you rub into his fur, so if it's not something you'd eat then I'd avoid it. There is a lot on the web about matted fur remedies like this .. (Google is my friend) -

http://www.earthclinic.com/pets/matted_fur.html

But once a year I take Missy Kitty to the vet and she gets shaved.

Also be aware that cat's skin is very thin and easily cut. If you snip his skin with scissors it can get infected easily.

Remember that kitty will lick whatever you rub into his fur, so if it's not something you'd eat then I'd avoid it. There is a lot on the web about matted fur remedies like this .. (Google is my friend) -

http://www.earthclinic.com/pets/matted_fur.html

But once a year I take Missy Kitty to the vet and she gets shaved.

Also be aware that cat's skin is very thin and easily cut. If you snip his skin with scissors it can get infected easily.

Yeah... I learned the hard way about cat's skin getting nicked. Had to get the cat sewed up a couple times before I gave up using scissors. :)

That's cats for ya... they love warm spots, even with their fur coat. :)
Our two Sphynx sleep under the blanket on top of the bed sheet. At first we would lift the blanket up and had to push them under. Now all we do is lift it up and they crawl under themselves. With the dry air this time of year it's quite a static electricity light show in the dark room as they go in.

Beautiful cats. Kinda fond of the heater aren't they.

Thank you :)
They are, cornish rexes and hairless breeds are especially fond of warm spots since their body temp is higher than normal cats and they lack the insulation.

In the winter all our cats spend a lot of time under blankets or on the radiators. Or on my lap under hoodie.

Boo Boo sneaking a drink from the bathroom sink faucet. I made the mistake of letting him do this a couple times, because it was funny to watch. Now he follows me into the bathroom every morning, thinking he'll get a drink. This, despite the nice water fountain pet drinker he has. He will sit on the edge of the bathtub, eyeballing that running water, too.

At least he doesn't drink out of the toilet. :)

catsink.jpg

Since winter started, the cats stay in at night. Now Miss Sadie has once again taken to sleeping on our bed. Normally she sleeps at the foot, between our legs. Last night I woke up and thought I felt the cat under my leg. In my sleepiness I thought I might have suffocated her with my leg, so I reached down and felt for her breathing. I couldn't feel her breathing so I picked to pick her up.

And she woke up and nipped my hand and took off like a cat out of hell, running into things on her way.

Poor thing. We were both startled, but I think she got the worst of it. Now I'm wondering if and when she will ever want to sleep on our bed again!

Cat pissed on our bed last night. He only does it when he can't get to his box for some reason (legit or otherwise). Usually I understand but at 9pm I was less than understanding

allright, he's another one of my cats (have 3), and this is the very nice and sociable ass hole. Weighing in at 18 lbs in some of the pics I believe. (he goes 17 in the summer to 22 in the winter) The 4th pic is the chipmunk that he brought into the house. all in all not that funny, it was the 3rd day in a row of him bringing a chipmunk into the house for all the humans to chase after. He waits for there to be most of the humans present, then puts it on the ground and watches them run around. 3 days in a row.... the holder is a mario holder of some sort and was released unharmed back to where the cat fetched it...

gary1.jpg

Gary2.jpg

gary3.jpg

gary4.jpg

LOL - Leica looks as if she's waiting open-mouthed for that valve to open and shoot some beer her way!

My cat Tequila LOVES homebrew, especially the brown ale we make. I only ever give her a little on the tip of my finger but she laps it up and looks for more.

Grainfather came yesterday along with its insane amount of boxes, twistie ties, packing material... so of course Lilly had to investigate everything..

5heh5AG.jpg

caught her mid yelling at me
lmhYwNw.jpg

Miss Sadie has started begging for treat for some reason. Maybe it's the being locked up inside all winter (Although they have been out quite a bit during this warm spell....)

Last night she startled me by licking my arm while I was playing Warcraft. Seemed like she wanted to try my Cheez-its. Then of course the DOG got all bent out of shape because I shared with the cat!

Cats are getting fat too. I think they get bored and spend have their time eating. When summer comes they will be out all day and night hunting, too busy to eat. (Unless they catch it...)

With having Bella our newest Sphynx, we are able to see to what extent being deaf effects Kinky and Half Pint. We see that motor skills like jumping are greatly reduced to non existent in the deaf kittens.
Bella six months younger will jump from the floor to the counter and from the bed to dressers and jumps over a 3 foot dog gate to explore my wife photography room. Kinky will jump to the kitchen stool then to the center island. Half Pint won't even do that, but she will make a series of short hops to get up on the cat walk and Kinky won't get on the walk.
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter because at the end of the day they're just a big pile of warm purring kittens.
Except for the fact their owner cat seem to post an upright picture.

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

Now that it's winter, I can't sit anywhere for more than 5 minutes without becoming a cat mattress. "You're warm, so I will sit here"

I call that being a "cat repository" - one or the other of my two is sure to be in my lap this time of the year too. Of course, THEY keep ME warm too.

I brought home a nice fuzzy blanket from my Dad's, actually two blankets - one I put up in the closet, because I already have two fuzzy blankets on the couch for the cats, along with a not-fuzzy but still cozy blanket with a place you can put your feet, and two smaller crib-sized soft blankets. The cats have taken over ALL the fuzzy blankets, don't ask me how THAT happened! Now I'm back stuck with the non-fuzzy blanket again. Sigh.

After reading peoples comments about their cats in winter i have the opposite with it being summer here.
Leica is back to going outside and ocupying herself more and hasteling me less.

If it rains for too many days she definitly get bored and starts getting up to mischief. Playing her favorite games solves that. Fetch is a great game to burn off energy if your cat will play it. The orientals do it almost naturally so it was easy to teach her.

An underwear draw left open a fraction got nearly completely emptied one day when she was bored. Opening cupboards for a look etc. She really drops hints when she is bored.

We have an attic with drop down stairs, so when it get's to cold, or rainy in winter, and our big one is to active (basically picking fights and biting everyone) we let him go up there to explore. Seems to keep him mildly satisfied.

Bought her new ocean fish and crab treats today and she has been sitting here meowing and pouting for at least 4 hours for more because my grainfather is set up next to her treat drawer. She's had enough today. Lol.

Now that it's winter, I can't sit anywhere for more than 5 minutes without becoming a cat mattress. "You're warm, so I will sit here"
View attachment 386565

Mine's that way, too. Wintertime he will assume his spot in my lap anytime I sit down. He will even follow me around, waiting for me to sit down somewhere. In summer, he's nowhere to be found.

Back