Cask Beer Blitz - anyone else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Glad to see others here. I have a APA and Blonde entered. The APA probably won't be to style being a SMaSH but just want the feedback on process.

SWEET! I decided to enter my lighter beer as a Blonde, not an American Ale, so I'll look forward to going against your brew! Best of luck to everyone entered!

Anyone else?

Awesome! Will have to report back next week when I get results and share feedback

Only got an O-fest in this year. expecting big things but, you never know. they have surprised me before.

Looks like they posted the people who placed, but I didn't place in either of my categories it looks like. Although I wasn't expecting to with my first two all grain beers, just want the feedback

Congrats to all! No luck on my O-Fest though. Really thought I had a great one. This is going to require more field tests ; )

Was bummed to see results delayed, very much looking forward to that feedback when it comes in.

Got my results in, I scored a 30, losing most points to not being to style. Seems mine was a bit too roasty for an altbier.

Same story on my end. I got 29 for my blonde because it was too bitter (guess I've become a little desensitized to hop flavor).

My Oatmeal stout did about what I expected - 33/50. The only thing holding it back was a sourness that the judges tasted. Not sure if it was my water or a mild infection, but it's always nice to hear feedback.

I got a 32 on my APA entry, with the highest score being given by a National Judge who gave me pretty solid feedback to lean back on. The lowest score in that category didn't mark anything about his/her judge level and left one word replies to everything.... So zero feedback with that sheet. The other sheet had decent descriptions too. It's nice to have more descriptions in each of the sections to see where I did well and where I went wrong.

My Blonde entry got a .... 22 :(. Yikes. Although, I wasn't expecting greatness being my 3rd ever brew and being rushed into bottles. The weird thing about that one is one guy said diacytel and DMS was extremely prevalent on the nose and in taste but the BJCP judge said zero diacytel or DMS, so that was confusing.

Back