• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carboys Needed!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsbrothers

Reaction score
I am a relatively new brewer (few brews under my belt) and am in desperate need of some carboys. I want to get away from bucket fermenting but am having trouble finding Carboys that don’t cost and arm and a leg. I have read that a main supplier formally out of Mexico is no longer producing so the costs have gone way up due to importing from Italy now. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated I am in the Buffalo Ny area. Thanks for reading~

Go with 6 Gallon Better Bottles. They are about $25 and most everyone agrees they are every bit as good as glass.

Disclaimer: I'm not looking to get into a discussion on which is better. There are hundreds of threads about that already. Just trying to help out.

I've come across a half dozen on Craigslist in the past month... I would start there. :)

Search terms include "carboy", "carboys", "winemaking", "brewing", "bottles" (since they are often referred to as 5 gallon glass 'water bottles'), and "bottle" ... good luck!

Back