Carboys and storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAREEBROWNBEEST

Reaction score
Im lucky to work for a biotech firm that frequently tosses these carboys I use for brewing purposes. I have 2 clear plastic 3 gallon carboys and 2 - 5 gallon plastic (not so clear) that I have acquired. I store them in an unused fridge in my garage. Temps stay around 70-74 degrees and is nice and dark.

image-2363490644.jpg

Attachments

• image-317931286.jpg
    image-317931286.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 246
That's cool. I'd have no problem drinking one of your brews, others might want to know more....."biotech ale." What type of work was done in your carboys?

Liquisky said:
That's cool. I'd have no problem drinking one of your brews, others might want to know more....."biotech ale." What type of work was done in your carboys?

Bleach and a mild acid solution used to sanitize items going into a clean room environment is what is kept in the carboys, so I guess there Super sanitized! I triple rinse them before use of course.

bleach will evaporate fairly quickly just by letting them sit with the caps off for a few days or weeks. i would want to know what type of acid though...

Back