carboy overflowing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suckybrewer

Reaction score
Hey there folks, im new to this brewing thing. First time around i used a mr beer kit and somehow made " pickle beer" as my gf described it.
Anywho, i upgraded to a 5 gal carboy and tried to start a batch of pumpkin beer the other day. I checked on it this morning and saw that it was overflowing thru the airlock. Then i see the airlock had actually popped out. I had done some research and got myself a blow out tube.
now off to work i go and checked on it now and i saw the tube had fallen out again. Its no longer overflowing but i suppose my question is, do you think my beer is ruined now? Sorry for the long ass summary but thought I'd fill you in on the background and my pretty much being brand new to this thing. Thanks!

Congratulations! You've got vigorous fermentation! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Just replace the blowoff and let 'er rip! The beer should be fine.

Although, what's your fermentation temp? Too high can cause overly vigorous fermentation, and some off flavors. Shouldn't be undrinkable though.

[emoji482]

So the Blowoff fell off leaving an opening to the carboy? I mean there is always that chance but sanitize your airlock or blowoff tube and proceed as normal. Only time will tell anyways but I am going to say you will be fine man. Good luck with the Brew post back your results. RDWHAHB :mug:

Thanks everyone for replying. Ill def post the results when its all done. ::cross fingers::

Latest posts

Back