Carbonating Water in your Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dphornguy

Reaction score
I have been looking at alternative uses for taps to justify building a bigger keezer. One option I have looked at would be the ability to carbonate drinks like lemonade, water (especially) and perhaps even homemade pops. What is the general success rate of these various options (if anyone has tried).

I kegged homemade ginger beer that turned out amazing! It just happened to ruin the beer lines forever, but $4 in beer line later it was worth it! i loved the ability to make it exactly as I wanted, I hate overly sweet soda, so I had a lightly sweetened ginger beer that was highly carbonated....perfect!! Iv read lots of sodas will taint lines including lemonade and rootbeer.

You should have a 100% success rate carbonating a liquid with a CO2 tank. CO2+pressure = carbonation.

A couple things to keep in mind though - soda or soda a water is usually much more highly carbonated beer. You'll need to be able to serve at at least 2 different pressures eg 30 vs 8 psi. You'll also need different length lines to handle that flow.

You should have a 100% success rate carbonating a liquid with a CO2 tank. CO2+pressure = carbonation.

Yeah I know that. I guess I was hinting at your second half of the comment. Thanks for the notes!

I did sparkling water in mine a while back. I keep my kegerator at 41 degrees, I use 10ft lines and set my regulator to 20 PSI. It came out of the tap pretty fast, but for water it doesn't matter. It was sparkly and delicious. I'll definitely do this again when there's a gap in the pipeline.

I use 20 ft with 20psi. Nicely carbed and comes out at a decent rate. I carb the water and mix with syrup in cup, usually Mio, Kool-Aid or Soda Stream to make it simple and I can have a variety of flavors.

Back