captured yeast strain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOMEBREWZ

Reaction score
YO! so i bought a 6 pack of the exit 4 american triple by flyingfish and saw that there was yeast in the bottle and i liked the beer and so i made a yeast starter from it , i was thinking ill make a pale ale from it using my home grown hops from this years harvest OR do you think i should try and clone it making a triple as close to what i bought as i can but i guess i could always do that before or after making a beer with it using some of the yeast cake any thoughts on what beer i should use the yeast for? and a big yea! for being drunk right now lol.:mug:

never had this beer but I just read about it on BeerAdvocate. I would not make a pale ale unless you want to end up with something similar to a belgian pale ale. It will most likely be spicy and have banana flavors. Not a typical pale ale. I would keep it simple and use 50/50 wheat/barley grain bill with some hallertau in the beggining and end

I went on a tour of the Flying Fish Brewery a few months ago and if I remember correctly they mentioned they use the Chimay strain for their Belgin brews.

So it would be more appropriate for something in the Belgian style.

BTW Exit 4 is great beer.

thanks for input ive decided to try and make a clone of exit 4 and the yeast i get from that batch ill use for maybe a weird ipa or another belgian beer

Back