WLP209 yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow99

Reaction score
I accidentally bought WLP209 German ale / kolsh yeast from white labs. What kind of beers / recipes I can make with it.

Thank you

1700058561835.png

You can probably do an IPA/NEIPA with it as well.

Kolsch is one of my favorite styles. I've been trying to make a really good one for a couple of years now. Go with the Kolsch

You can make just about anything with WLP029. It is an ale yeast that ferments cleanly at cold temperatures like a lager. Obviously you can make Kolsch with it, but just about any British or American style of beer turns out great as well.

Just don’t let it get too cold. That yeast will stall out on you. I’d make sure you stay above the low 60’s. I agree that that yeast is versatile. Attenuates well and drops clear.

Thank you to all, I stopped brewing for couple years just now starting back up. I will look up them kinds.

So you were intending to use this yeast: What kind of brew was you goin' to make again?

Back