• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas Captain Crush Grain Mill (new) from NB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerFather Brewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
New Captain Crush Grain Mill from Northern Brewer

Up for sale is a brand new, unused, Captain Crush Grain Mill. Got it for Christmas, but had already built a motorized mill, so would like to give it a good home.

From Northern Brewer's product page:
Ditch the knurled rollers! Mills that shred your grain to bits are old news. Our cutting edge slotted rollers keep husks intact while crushing kernels for the perfect grist, every time. And you’ll benefit from the superior crush until the end of time too, since slotted rollers never wear down.

Crush your cleanup--this non-corrosive mill can be hosed down and left to let dry. Plus, you’ll ensure you’ve got sparkling clean equipment next time you’re ready to use it. Wet mill at home for the first time ever, for no dust and no rust!

Mill uninterrupted, thanks to the huge hopper. Big enough for up to 11 lbs. of grain, you don’t have to stop your drill 10 times just to fill the hopper up. Dump it in, run it through and get straight to brewing!

Pic below from the Northern Brewer website & then of my unit (unassembled).
Asking $200 plus shipping. That should still be less than NB's $280 price.

captain_crush_grain_mill.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

Last edited:
how much would shipping to 53121,wisconsin be?

I've been looking at mills lately and had my eye set on the MM-2 because of price but also because I had read several posts about people having to get the mill replaced new because of defects, maybe you can assemble it to ensure its in working order first?

Thanks for the bump. I have heard good things about this mill. I literally just finished a big project of making my own or I would keep it. Just don't think it would get used much. Good to hear others are having good results from it.

I wish I didn't already have a mill or I'd be buying this in a heartbeat. The fluted rollers are a feature of high-end large micro and mega brewery malt mills. They crush the grain without tearing and crushing the husks; -less likelihood of stuck sparge and less tannin extraction.

Adam

Latest posts

Back