Cannonball keg? Photos? Reviews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsahomebrewer

Reaction score
I am planning on getting cannon ball keg from northern brewer. I brew 2 Gal batches and this 1.75 Gal keg is perfect. Extra beer will go into 12oz bottles which I can use as taste testers. I plan on natural carbonation in this keg and then use mini cartridges to serve (74g cartridge price is not an issue for me, I just need something small and easy to carry around). Also, when does Northern brewer offer discounts during the year? Usual holidays or do they any special sales events?

Anybody here have comments on this keg and my planned process? Can you please share photos of your cannonball setup? Thanks!

I have one and I love it. I use it for kegging my ciders. I can't comment on your plan to condition in the keg and then serve from it, as cider doesn't behave that way (if you want some sweetness that is).

The keg is very high quality IMO. But the regulator that came with it was a POS - the adjustment was a hex headed thing that kinda needed a pair of pliers to turn. Get the keg alone (usually $99 I think) and find your own regulator.

I serve and bottle from it with a simple picnic tap. It fits into a small dorm sized fridge.

26615235565_a40c675fe7_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back