Canning with priming sugar ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happybeertime

French homebrewer
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new here even though I read you for a while. I signed up because tried to find an information everywhere but I could not find an anwer.

Did some of you try to use priming sugar for canning their homebrew?
I am wondering how much pressure can you hold in your beer with priming sugar without breaking the can.

How many grams per liter of dextrose sugar would you use to try?

Cheers!

I'm not new here but canning beer it's something I've never heard of. I would imagine it would be the same as using a bottle. Would be interesting to see your cans and how you seal them

Hi guys,
I am new here even though I read you for a while. I signed up because tried to find an information everywhere but I could not find an anwer.

Did some of you try to use priming sugar for canning their homebrew?
I am wondering how much pressure can you hold in your beer with priming sugar without breaking the can.

How many grams per liter of dextrose sugar would you use to try?

Cheers!

Hey dude, did you ever prime / canned your brew? I just purchased canning machine and I am myself now wondering that should I calculate the same amount as I would for bottles or is the amount reduced for cans.

Back