Canadian brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Hartley

Reaction score
I'm interested in building a kegerator & brew stand.
Where do you recomend getting your equipment/parts?
Burners, corneys, regulators, taps, lines ect.

Thanks

I got my fridge from Canadian Tire, I got the Sylvania but there is a thread on here with a successful Salton conversion as well. I ordered my shanks and faucets as a kit from kegworks.com. I can't remember now but I think I ordered my regulator from them too.

Disconnects and kegs I got from my LHBS.

For a brew stand you pretty much just want to find a local welder to do the work for you, they will most likely have a source for steel you can take advantage of. A well stocked hardware store should have any burners and fittings that you need to get it plumbed.

I got mine from Home Depot my LHBS in Bremerton WA and Williams Brewing....

But I live south of the 49th...

GT

expat since 1983

Thanks for the idea & links guys.
I'm from southeaster BC, a little ski town called Fernie. Great mountain biking, fly fishing & just about any other outdoor activity.
I have a couple of older fridges & a chest freezer, just have to figure out wich one will be the best for the beer fridge. I haven't used the freezer much for the last couple of years but the girlfreind wants to start using it.
I've seen quite a few cornies posted on ebay but the shipping up here is more than the kegs.
The Great Fridge Project link looks good, I could probably get the parts around here but don't know if it would be cheaper then buying the kits.

Ask a pub who the local beverage suppy guy is. In Kelowna it's Interor Beverage. You can usually buy used taps etc.

Kegs in Canada are pricey. There were a few places in the us that were selling kegs for $10 - $15 and with shipping it was still half the price. I bought 4 for about $120 including shipping.

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
...Kegs in Canada are pricey. There were a few places in the us that were selling kegs for $10 - $15 and with shipping it was still half the price. I bought 4 for about $120 including shipping.
They sure are, I pay $55 a piece for mine (fully cleaned and reconditioned).

i get all my stuff sent to a gas station in danville wa which is right across the border from grand forks bc the gas station there will sign fo any courier package and just charge you $3 or $4 i think it went up not sure havn't ordered in a bit

I received all my parts & put the kegerator together about a 6 weeks ago, just before the reno's started on my house.:ban: Been super busy since then but having the beer on tap has been sweet.

I ordered the kit from kegconnections, great setup & BJ was a great help.
Ordered the kegs through ebay, good price but they needed work. Not really happy with the quality & the seller wouldn't return my emails.

When I complete the reno's will work on my keggle & brew stand & a beer other than Coppers.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Hi Ken,

The kegs were from adana81704. I asked for all Corney kegs but he sent me one Firestone.

They were from the States, I don't beleive there was any duty but the shipping was $75.00 for four. I couldn't find my invoice that came with the kegs but it may also of had a brokrage fee similar to what UPS charged me for the kegerator kit from kegconnections. The brok fee was $29.55. Total import fee including gst was $41.86 for a $230.00 purchase.

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
330222627187 2-5 GALLON CORNELIUS ,FIRESTONE,HOMEBREW KEGS 2 $29.99 USD $59.98 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS Priority Mail International to V0BXX
(includes any seller handling fees) $75.00 USD
Shipping Insurance (optional): $2.05 USD
Seller Discounts (-) or Charges (+):
(seller discounts, services, etc.) -$4.98 USD

Total: $132.05 USD

Back