Can sour beer be light struck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siberian

Reaction score
I'm curious with 1 IBU or less of hops in the beer, has anyone had any experience if you can actually skunk a sour beer?

My main curiosity comes from the fact that I don't nearly as "low cost" a source of heavy duty champagne type bottles for bottling sours in as I do for beer. Green champagne bottles though are cheaper and easier for me to find.

I know if I just store them in the dark then there isn't anything to worry about, but I'm curious if with sours skunking isn't nearly the same concern.

I'm curious with 1 IBU or less of hops in the beer, has anyone had any experience if you can actually skunk a sour beer?

My main curiosity comes from the fact that I don't nearly as "low cost" a source of heavy duty champagne type bottles for bottling sours in as I do for beer. Green champagne bottles though are cheaper and easier for me to find.

I know if I just store them in the dark then there isn't anything to worry about, but I'm curious if with sours skunking isn't nearly the same concern.

Most sours are still going to be more than "1 IBU," lambics fall int he 4-6 range typically. Skunking won't be much of an issue though, ever had anything from Cantillon, 3 Fontienen, etc..? All green Champagne bottles.

Back