can i use a beerball?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumbj

Reaction score
i dunno bout it the USA, but in canada we can buy whats called a "beerball" at the local distrubitor. they are just a white round almost ball, that hold 3 gallons of draft, and have a 10$ deposit on them. you need a pump to extract the beer form it and they work fairly well. has anyone heer ever used 1 to keg homemade beer? ive never kegged any so far, but have bottled quite a bit in the last year with good results.

Sounds like what is called a Party Ball in the US, except ours are amber colored and translucent. If it's the same thing, I doubt if it would work because the pump introduces air into the beer.

This sounds much like the King Kegs used in the U. K. My question would be: is it obvious how to open, clean and refill the ball? King Kegs have removable caps. I have a couple 1 gallon beer boxes I picked up at Bear republic. The nozzle unscrews for cleaning & refilling, but there isn't any way to add CO2

[Hop Heads: We are talking gallons of Racer X, but it's all gone]

I think we used to call them Matts beer ball.....lol I used to buy the in the 80's when we wanted cheap beer and to get wasted!

As long as it comes apart easily, you could keg homebrew in it and condition naturally by priming with DME/corn sugar/honey/whatever floats your boat.

However, since it dispenses with air, you'd have to drink it all in one session or risk oxidizing it VERY quickly.

ill mabey give it a try then, thanx fer the input. they do have a large rubber bung in the top, and can be cleaned. im anxious to start a keg, rather than just bottleing for a change, as beer dont seem to last real long in myhouse for some reason. :)

Back