Calling all Tap-a-Draft Masters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffd10

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to bottle using my new TAD system and I seem to be confused about the differences in priming sugar needed for these little kegs.

It looks like the TAD people say to use 6 teaspoons of what I assume was (table) sugar, but I see alot of peoples reviews that say that their beer was under carbed or flat .... I have seen some other reviews of up to 12 teaspoons ...

So I have a 5 gallon batch ready and I only planned on doing 2 of the 6L bottles leaving me 2 gallons to fill up some 12 ouncers

I will be using table sugar for the TAD kegs and Carb drops for the 12's

How much sugar should I use for these little Kegs !!!!

Thanks for the replies in advance

JeffD

Ive only kegged once using these. I used the recommended (on factory directions supplied with kegs) 6 teaspoons of suger.

totally undercarbed.

I was so dissapointed at having 20 leters of undercarbed beer i never used them since, but if i did i would double that and risk the swollen barrel symdrome.

I have used TAD a few times. I just added 3/4 cup to 5 gallons, filled one TAD bottle and bottled the rest in 22 oz bottles, worked fine for me. I let it bottle condition for 2 weeks then put it in the fridge for a week before I tapped it.

VB

I have used TAD a few times. I just added 3/4 cup to 5 gallons, filled one TAD bottle and bottled the rest in 22 oz bottles, worked fine for me. I let it bottle condition for 2 weeks then put it in the fridge for a week before I tapped it.

VB

Hey VB,

Was that Table sugar or Corn sugar?

thanks

Also, I charge it with one canister and 1/2 way through the TAD if the pressure starts to drop I out the other one in.

VB

This is a fresh pull of a porter off my TAD.

VB

photo.jpg

Back