Calling All Homebrewers in China

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fursey

Reaction score
I'm a British Ex Pat currently living in China. Whilst I'm not new to brewing nor to this Forum I thought it would be a good idea if all us brewers (Amatier and Professional) could connect to exchange ideas, tips and brews) Please get in contact if you agree.

I'm a British Ex Pat currently living in China. Whilst I'm not new to brewing nor to this Forum I thought it would be a good idea if all us brewers (Amatier and Professional) could connect to exchange ideas, tips and brews) Please get in contact if you agree.

I'm not in China, but I've been there twice--to Wuhan, in fact.

There's a member of this forum from Wuhan, @FatDragon, who posts here regularly, someone I had the pleasure of meeting when I was in Wuhan last. There are a few threads on here someplace about brewing in China, including things like sources of ingredients.

If you're in Wuhan, surely you know about Devils' Brewery? :) Been there, very nice beer. American ex-Pats run it, or at least did when I was there.

devils1.jpg

Yes, I know Fat Dragon, although I've not had the pleasure of meeting him yet, and have been to Devils Brewery.

Devils Brewery has recently opened up an additional bar on the other side of Wuhan. Both have a great selection of craft beer and serve great BBQ. The brisket and pulled pork are divine.

I'm not in China, but I've been there twice--to Wuhan, in fact.

There's a member of this forum from Wuhan, @FatDragon, who posts here regularly, someone I had the pleasure of meeting when I was in Wuhan last. There are a few threads on here someplace about brewing in China, including things like sources of ingredients.

If you're in Wuhan, surely you know about Devils' Brewery? :) Been there, very nice beer. American ex-Pats run it, or at least did when I was there.

View attachment 651326

20190511_201923.jpg 20190511_202100.jpg 20190511_201944.jpg 20190511_201740.jpg 20190511_195020.jpg 20190511_194233.jpg

do they have homebrew supply stores in china?
Online, yeah. Brick and mortar? Not really. There may be an isolated few, but the only one I know of is a wealthy expat's basement in a gated community in Shanghai - if it still exists (it's been six years since I was there).

My recent activity on the forum here has been about as scarce as my actual brewing, but this thread has been the most reliable source of China-specific brew discussion on HBT that I know of.

By the way, you ought to change your profile pic to your new fermenter. It's far more impressive than a keg with a spout of starsan bubbles (though that's actually a pretty cool pic too). I'm actually considering quitting brewing for a while while the kids grow to a more independent age, in part because when(/if) I jump back in, I can go straight to a fancy eBIAB and temp-controlled conical setup like you've got.

Recently made an account after lurking for a year. Based in Qingdao China and been brewing for the past year and a half. Looking to connect and maybe bottle share/chat!

Back