Call of Duty Black Ops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest opinion. Is Black Ops as good as COD4? I wasn't too impressed with World at War. I'm thinking about buying Black Ops if it's any good.

COD4 was much better than WAW. You can tell that the makers of WAW made Black Ops (especially the campaign) but to be honest, I think Black Ops is the best multiplayer to date. It has an awesome system for updating weapons, you basically buy them with in-game credits.

I would HIGHLY recommend it. But it will take a day or two to get over that initial WAW feel. Once you get past that, you will definitely start to love it!

Just the best COD that has been released so far. (sarcasm) The multiplayer is the best so far, i think. I like how you can play split screen on Live. The biggest downfall is that the campaign is solely single player, no co-op.:mad:

I do like that they have added the split screen multi player since it's usually me and the boy playing. No more taking turns, and we can work together.

I have noticed a few bugs with this game though, like enemy players showing up with a green name from time to time, at which point I think they're a teammate and they smoke me. Also a LOT of connection troubles, host migrations, etc... that I rarely got with COD4 or WaW.

I got up to level 38 (oooh yeah, AK-47!), but haven't been able to play for a few days since I've been trying to get my brewstand finished for a weekend brew. I may have to give up working. It interferes with all of my addictions far too much.

I play it on PC. Great game. I did not buy WAW cuz it sucked. I just today bought a 27" display and was drooling as I played COD it tonight...

I bought MW2 for the boy when that came out and got hooked. When Black Ops came out, I bought it the day it was released. My boy hasn't played it yet because he seems to think that his grades aren't important enough, so he's been grounded for almost a month. But this seems to be quite the motivator. Took his English grade from failing to a B.

But yeah, if anyone wants to look me up, same screen name.

If I could pull my self away from Warcraft I would, but dont think its gonna happen any time soon.

How is the single player in this one, not much interested in the multi. Got to be better than MW2

I'm still playing MW2 on PS3......I'm not going to get black ops until I hit level 70 (im at 58).

Is black ops really that much better than MW2?

my name is rmeen15 on PS3 btw if anybody wants to play.

I like Black Ops because the game play is a bit slower. that sounds odd but MWF1 and 2 were kind of fast for me.

i play the crap out of this game on PS3

Its not MW2 thats for sure but there are definite improvements which I hope stick around. Shot placement is a definite one. Your accuracy really matters this time. Its also seems easier to take out multiple targets with your primary weapon. Not sure how to explain it but I never could catch 3 enemies off guard and regularly take them out like I can on black ops.

Its cool, Im a huge COD fan. This will definitely hold me over till Infinity Ward takes center stage again

Just finished it on the i'm a sissy level and am now replaying on the veteran level. Its good, but I am waiting for something to come out like a new Doom, Unreal or Quake. All the recent games seem to be too short and suck to some extent, even the last Halo.

I'm a multi-player guy. The campaign is alright, but the system, upgrade method and gameplayer of the online multi is awesome.

Btw, my gamer tag is MUNKLUNK. I'd love to kill some folk with some fellow homebrewers.

I'm still playing MW2 on PS3......I'm not going to get black ops until I hit level 70 (im at 58).

Is black ops really that much better than MW2?

my name is rmeen15 on PS3 btw if anybody wants to play.

im wondering the same thing.. if its worth getting black ops when I already have MW2

alcibiades-- ill add you, Id love to have some more "friends" on PS3 MW2.. everyone i know either plays on xbox or refuses to play first person shooters on a gaming platform.

my PS3 screenname is: kaukolukane.

maybe we should start a thread for screen names... we could get some sweet HBT games goin.

see you there.

im wondering the same thing.. if its worth getting black ops when I already have MW2

alcibiades-- ill add you, Id love to have some more "friends" on PS3 MW2.. everyone i know either plays on xbox or refuses to play first person shooters on a gaming platform.

my PS3 screenname is: kaukolukane.

maybe we should start a thread for screen names... we could get some sweet HBT games goin.

see you there.

Was thinking the same thing myself. Everyone I know that plays any of them is on xbox. Maybe use HBT as a clan tag. I'll have to go back to MW2 and look you up.

Was thinking the same thing myself. Everyone I know that plays any of them is on xbox. Maybe use HBT as a clan tag. I'll have to go back to MW2 and look you up.

yeah, I have a clan tag for another forum...(m.cb-- paintball forum), but nobody has ever looked me up, nor have i seen anyone with the tag playing.

ill switch it over next time im on.

and, Ill make sure to add all you guys/gals on.

I haven't played BlackOps yet. I'm an avid MW2 player though, on PS3... If you want to add me the name is A20PoundBag. I play a good bit, I'm almost level 70 on my 7th prestige right now...

four-thirds on PS3, and yes black ops is the best in the series so far. kinda miss the high-tech stuff from MW2, but whatever

Upping this one, my PSN name is ShimSizzle. Anyone else play regularly, i get on about every other night.

I usually play in the evenings, around 8-12 mountian time on xbl

my gt is L0VE 1S A F1ST

I am on 8 prestige, roll around with a 1.35kd as a run and gunner

Back